The International Foundation Programme (IFP) in Humanities and Social Sciences offers a clear route to undergraduate study. It prepares students for degrees in Humanities and Social Sciences, including Law, Business Management, Economics, International Relations, Politics, Comparative Literature, Linguistics, Languages, Film Studies, History and Geography.
The programme is fully integrated with Queen Mary University of London, which is part of both the University of London and the Russell Group, and includes academic and study skills modules taught by university academic staff.
The IFP accepts applications from international and EU students and provides high quality preparation for the demands of university study.
Why do the IFP
- It's a fully integrated programme, taught on campus by Queen Mary University of London lecturers.
- If you meet the progression requirements, you are guaranteed access to undergraduate degree programmes at Queen Mary.
- You can also apply to other high-ranking British universities including, for example, UCL, King's College London and LSE.
- You receive a high level of support throughout the UCAS application process.
- You have full access to campus facilities including the library, careers service, and sports facilities.
- You have full access to University of London facilities including Senate House Library and Student Central.
- You can apply for accommodation on Queen Mary's campus.
- You can start the IFP in either September or January.
'the IFP has put me at a very significant advantage for my undergraduate studies. It has also been a phenomenal experience' (Karim Jivani 2014-2015 IFP student, current third year LLB student at QMUL)
*If you are an EU student and are concerned about fees and loans in relation to the 'Brexit' vote click here
Guaranteed accommodation on campus for all IFP Applicants
Updated 9th March 2018 by Mark
Great news for all IFP applicants: you are now GUARANTEED accommodation on campus if you apply for accommodation before the 31st of May. To be eligible to apply, you just need to have accepted your offer (even if it’s conditional and you still need to provide more documents), after which you will receive an email from our accommodation office inviting you to start your application (see here for more details).
QMUL offers IFP students a unique experience, as we are the only Russell Group university with a genuine campus in London. With a room on the same site as your classrooms and lecture theatres, and all of the facilities available to you as a QM student, you get the chance to live in a safe, friendly, and convenient location while all the excitement of London surrounds you!
You can take a virtual tour of Queen Mary accommodation here; please note that not all residences featured are on campus (some are a very short walk away) but we do ask for as many of our students to be placed within the student village as possible.